The Myers OSP50 series of submersible effluent pump is specifically designed to meet the demands of residential sump, elevator pit, septic tank effluent, industrial circulator and transfer tank applications. The 1-1/2 inch NPT discharge pump is available with a powerful 1/2 horsepower motor, in both automatic and manual configurations, and can handle capacities up to 60 gallons per minute and heads to 25 feet.
The OSP50 features a heavy-duty cast iron construction that provides durability in rugged applications, as well as assisting in dissipating heat from the motor, for cooler operation. The pump’s nonclogging bronze impeller, which is threaded to a stainless steel shaft, provides long life even in demanding applications, and is capable of handling up to 5/8 inch spherical solids and lint.
The OSP50’s oil-filled motor provides superior cooling characteristics, allowing the motor to run cool and quiet for years. This oil-filled design also provides permanent lubrication of the shaft bearings, minimizing maintenance and extending the service life of the pump. In addition, to protect against overheating, the motor windings contain an automatic reset thermal overload.
Automatic models feature the exclusive Myers diaphragm pressure switch, which provides proven reliability in installations where a float might hang up. It also incorporates a unique “piggyback” plug arrangement, which allows for simple conversion to manual operation by simply removing the switch plug and inserting the motor plug directly into the electrical outlet. This feature provides an easy way of periodically cycling the pump to ensure it is operating properly. The Myers wide-angle float switch features a unique piggyback plug arrangement. The pump power cord plugs into the back of the switch plug, to provide automatic operation. To operate the pump manually, simply plug the pump power cord directly into the electrical outlet, bypassing the switch plug. The piggyback plug provides ease of service and allows the pump to be cycled manually on a periodic basis to ensure proper operation.
• Water-resistant power cord with molded plug is available in 10 or 20 foot lengths, and is easily field serviceable.
• Upper and lower ball bearings support motor shaft, minimizing the effects of impeller thrust loads. This design results in minimum friction and perfect alignment of rotor, for longer service from pump.
• Oil-filled motor provides superior cooling and permanent lubrication of bearings, minimizing maintenance and extending service life.
• Powerful 1/2 HP motor runs cool and quiet for long life. Motor windings contain automatic-reset, thermal overload protection.
• Mechanical shaft seal is carbon- and ceramic-faced for long, leakproof life.
• Heavy-duty, cast iron construction provides long life in rugged applications.
• Discharge is 1-1/2 inch NPT.
• The nonclogging bronze impeller, which is threaded to a stainless steel shaft, provides long life in corrosive applications, and is capable of handling up to 5/8 inch spherical solids and lint.
• Bottom-suction design alleviates buildup of debris, providing optimum pump performance and reduced maintenance.
• Multiple strainer inlets prevent foreign objects from clogging pump, providing optimum operation and reduced maintenance.
|MYERS OSP50 SERIES EFFLUENT PUMPS|
Model Comparison Chart
|Model||Discharge (NPT)||HP||Voltage||Phase||GPM||Max. Head|
|MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION|
|Myers OSP50 Series Effluent Pump Brochure|
|Myers OSP50 Series Effluent Pump Installation Manual|
|Myers OSP50 Series Effluent Pump Curves|
Pump Products application engineers are standing by to help you find the right pump, as well as to provide price quotes, stocking availability and shipping information. Call our toll free number 1-800-429-0800 to speak to an expert today.